Thursday, October 27, 2011

{white chocolate orange cookies}

My friend Brook showed up on my doorstep with these cookies one lovely evening, and I've been thanking her ever since.  :)  They are my new favorite cookie, and I love them just as much substituting the orange for lemon or lime.  They are divine!!!




White Chocolate Orange Cookies

1 c. butter
½ c. white sugar
½ c. brown sugar
1 egg
2 ¼ c. flour
¾ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
2 T. grated orange peel (about 2 large oranges)
1 ½-2 c. white chocolate chips

Mix butter and sugar until creamy.  Beat in egg.  Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.  When you get a dough consistency, mix in the orange peel and chocolate by hand.  Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool on a wire rack.

*You can substitute lemon or lime instead of the orange.

No comments: