Tuesday, March 23, 2010

{farfalle chipotle chicken pasta in a roasted tomato cream sauce}

I found this recipe on Picky Palate last year some time, and I'm so glad I printed it out, because I couldn't find it again when I looked! It is DELICOUS!! Can I tell you how much I love cilantro? I was so happy to find this recipe!

My family loves it, and it's one that's perfect for company too.

FARFALLE CHIPOTLE CHICKEN PASTA IN A ROASTED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE

1 lb. mini (or regular-sized) Farfalle pasta

2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. white finely diced onion
2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (from can), chopped (3 if you like spicy)
1 fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed (It was wintertime when I first made this, so I subsituted frozen corn that had been thawed.)
1 c. black beans, drained
2 c. cooked chicken, diced
1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

2-14 oz. cans Muir Glen fire-roasted diced tomatoes (I didn't use the fire-roasted, just plain diced tomatoes.)
1/2 c. heavy cream
Pinch salt, pepper, garlic salt

1. Prepare pasta according to package directions--drain and set aside.

2. Heat 2 T. olive oil into a large 5 qt. skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, chipotle, corn, and beans. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in cooked chicken and cilantro leaves until heated through. Reduce heat to low and set aside.

3. Place both cans of tomatoes into food processor and pulse until nearly smooth. Pour into chicken mixture. Stir in cooked pasta and combine well. Stir in heavy cream, salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Cook until heated through and serve. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.

2 comments:

The CLAMShack: said...

I just "stumbled" across your blog...I'm supposed to be cooking dinner, but i'm playing in the computer. :) I love some of your recipes! I may have to come back when I have more time!!! This recipe in particular sounds DELIGHTFUL!!! My parents are coming to town next week, and I may just have to try this out on them!! I'll be back to check out more! Thank YOU!!

Nicole said...

Kierste, I seriously have been looking all over for this recipe today! Thanks for posting!