Sunday, November 8, 2009

{spinach gnocchi soup}

Oh my. Let's just say we had this three times in the first two weeks after gettings this recipe. It really is divine, and so easy. You have to try it! My friend Melissa shared it with me, after she introduced it to me at Olive Garden. I actually like this better, though!

SPINACH GNOCCHI SOUP

4 c. chicken stock
2 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 stalk celery, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped (I use more :) )
1/2 carrot, shredded
1/2 onion, diced
1 c. fresh spinach, chopped
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. thyme
salt and pepper
16 ounces potato gnocchi

Saute the onion, celery, onion, garlic, carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper, and thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.

Ladel into bowls and serve. Freshly grated parmesan cheese is the perfect complement to this soup!

**I found potato gnocchi in the pasta section at my grocery store, and also in the frozen section by the hash browns.
***The original recipe calls for chicken, but I chose to eliminate it. If you would like it, it calls for 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & diced, added with the stock and cream.
****I doubled the recipe for my family...leftovers are perfect for lunches, although we didn't have that much leftover. :)

ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Kristine Robinson said...

Thank you, thank you! I have been looking for a good gnocchi recipe!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

This sounds freaking fabulous!

Unknown said...

nice info thanks for sharing.

elsner technology pvt ltd