Sunday, April 6, 2008

Apple Dumplings

I can't even remember where I came across this recipe, but it one of my husband's favorites. In fact, I have to double the recipe if anyone else is going to eat any! They are delicious alone, or served with vanilla ice cream.

APPLE DUMPLINGS

8 oz. package crescent rolls
1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. orange juice (already prepared)
3/4 stick butter
Cinnamon

Lay apple slices at the wide end of the crescent roll triangle, and roll over once. Pinch edges to seal, then roll up the rest of the way. Place in an 8x8 baking dish. In a saucepan, mix sugar, juice, and butter. Bring to a boil and pour over dumplings. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wow! That was a hit! I made these for FHE treats. I didn't have any refrigerator crescent rolls on hand, and was making crescent rolls for dinner anyway, so I just saved out enough to make the desserts and used the homemade dough, everything else exactly as you described. It was so very yummy. Todd seemed to be in heaven. His tastes must run along the same lines as your sweetie's. I made a double batch for ourfamily of six and learned that we only did need a single batch. I think the home-made dough was probalby "bigger" than the refrigerator crescents. But we've enjoyed the left-oevers!
Thanks again for sharing!!!