Wednesday, January 7, 2009

{white chicken chili}

This is a new recipe I tried this week, although I can't even remember where I got it! It's been sitting here, waiting for me to try it, and I'm so glad I did! It's made in the crock pot, which automatically is a plus, and the taco seasoning and green chilies give it just a little bit of a kick.

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

2-3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 cans northern beans
1 can white corn (I used frozen)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1-14.5 oz. can chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/2 c. sour cream

Place chicken in the bottom of your crock pot, then dump in drained beans and corn. In a mixing bowl, mix the soup, broth, green chilies, and taco seasoning, then pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours, then stir sour cream right before serving. Top with green onion and cheese. I also made homemade tortilla strips, which were delicious with it.

No comments: