Thursday, June 3, 2010

{chewy caramel corn}

I am a CARAMEL CORN LOVER. It is my most favorite treat, hands down. The only catch? It has to be chewy. The chewier and gooey-er the better. So, I went on a hunt to find the best recipe, and I think I've found it. This is so delicious--and totally addicting. Just thought I would warn you.

CHEWY CARAMEL CORN
-www.cooks.com-

1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 c. Karo
8 quarts popped popcorn

Put all ingredients except popcorn into a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly over medium heat. Boil and stir until mixture reaches soft ball stage, 234 degrees. Pour over popcorn and stir until coated. Let cool, then eat and enjoy!

P.S. I would have taken a picture, but it was gone too fast. :)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Nice recipe!

Miss Megan Walsh said...

oh wow this looks deliciousss!!

Unknown said...

When I pour hot things over my popcorn it shrivels up and shrink.. is there a secret? what am i doing wrong?