Tuesday, October 21, 2008

{caramel popcorn}

I could eat gallons of this. Really, it's that good! Caramel popcorn is one of my favorite things ever, and I belong to the "chewy" group. It seems like people fall into one of two categories when it comes to caramel popcorn--crunchy and chewy. We have all kinds in our family, but this is an easy recipe to manipulate to your liking. I also like to add a handful of nuts--pecans and cashews are my favorites--to the popcorn right before I pour on the caramel, then I toss it all together. Yummy!

CARAMEL POPCORN

1 stick butter
1/2 c. Karo
1 c. brown sugar
salt
vanilla

Melt butter in a saucepan, then add Karo and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, and while stirring constantly, continue boiling until it reaches the soft-ball stage. Take off the heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over popcorn and stir well. If you like it crunchy, continue boiling until the hard-ball stage.

No comments: