Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Almond Green Beans in Garlic Butter

We eat this at least once a week! I believe in introducing new seasonings and herbs to my kids at an early age. With my first, I was very hesitant to give him anything other than bland food. He turned out to be quite a picky eater, and while I have no proof of any correlation, I have decided to do things much differently with my girls. This recipe is actually Kate's favorite, and she can't eat them fast enough! I love that they all love garlic, because I adore it!

ALMOND GREEN BEANS IN GARLIC BUTTER

Fresh or frozen green beans, in whichever amount you choose
Garlic, minced
Sliced Almonds
Butter
Salt and Pepper

Cook the green beans in just enough water to cover them, just until barely cooked, and still a little on the crisp side. Drain, and immediately place in ice water to stop them from continuing to cook.
Place a little butter and the garlic in a saucepan, and then saute the almonds in this mixture until browned. Reheat the green beans for a few seconds until warm, then pour the garlic butter and almonds over the top and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: