Tuesday, June 17, 2008

{sesame beef}

This recipe came from a friend, and those that have tried, love it!

SESAME BEEF

1 lb. beef boneless sirloin steak
2 T. sugar
2 T. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. finely chopped green onions (about 3)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T. sesame seed
2 T. vegetable oil
2 c. hot cooked vermicelli or rice

Cut beef diagonally across grain into 1/8 inch slices. (Beef is easier to cut if partially frozen, about 1 1/2 hours.) Mix sugar, soy sauce, pepper, onions, and garlic in a plastic bowl. Stir in beef until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Drain beef mixture. Heat sesame seed in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden brown. Serve over vermicelli or rice. Sprinkle with sesame seed.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Delicious! Only problem, I didn't make enough. You know how at Sunday dinner it's nice to sit around and keep picking at the meal as you visit ... well I didn't prepare for enough beef. It was gone in a flash. I will try it again (and again and again, I'm sure), but will make more next time. I just cut up a beef sirloin roast, so I was guessing on amounts.
Thank you ... again!