Wednesday, December 9, 2009

{pasta with white bean sauce}

It's a little unusual to put pasta with beans when it's not in a soup of some kind, but this so yummy.

PASTA WITH WHITE BEAN SAUCE

2 T. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic
2 T. flour
salt & pepper
1 1/3 c. milk (I use skim)
1 small can green chilies
1-15 oz. can Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c. cheese (I don't use quite this much)
1-16 oz. box penne, radiattore, or farfalle

Cook pasta according to directions. Strain, and set aside. In a large saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in butter until onion is soft and tender. Add flour, salt and pepper. Add milk all at one time, and whisk. Bring to a boil, then boil for another minute. Add cheese, and let it melt, then add the beans and green chilies. Heat through, then serve over the pasta. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Kristine Robinson said...

I love your recipes. Thank you for sharing!

Electra Maven said...

Hi, How are you? I came across your Blog and I really enjoyed reading it! I found it very interesting! I'm a new blogger so I'd like to invite you to have a look at my blog and feel welcome to give me any kind of feedback and comments on my posts! :) I would really appreciate it! Thanks for sharing information and yr experiences! I wish you all the best! Kind Regards ;)

http://www.electra-spotlight.blogspot.com/

ps: great pics and awesome recipes ;)