Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mexican 7-Layer Dip

This is one of my most favorite things ever! I love love love to eat this with really yummy tortilla chips, and it's perfect to eat at home or take to a get-together.

MEXICAN 7-LAYER DIP

1 can traditional refried beans
1 pint fresh salsa or pico de gallo
1 pint guacamole (not guacamole dip--homemade works well too)
1 pint sour cream
green onions, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
Cheddar cheese, grated

Mix the beans and salsa together in your serving dish, then spread evenly across the bottom. Layer the guacamole on top of the bean mixture, followed by the sour cream, cheese, onions, and tomatoes. Easy peasy!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I make a very similar recipe to this but I add some powder taco season to the beans instead of salsa and for the top two layers I put sprouts then chopped tomato. One of my VERY favorites! :)