Monday, December 7, 2009

{peppermint popcorn crunch}

I SO wish I had a picture of this to post, but I just discovered it yesterday, after a good friend made it. It's actually just like one of my favorite recipes, but with a Christmas twist. I usually make it with toffee bits (delicious), but the peppermints are delightful.
It's so fast, and so easy, which is good, because you will want to make batch after batch!

PEPPERMINT POPCORN CRUNCH

-popped popcorn (I usually use around 9 cups or so. I like to use air popped popcorn, but my friend made it with a bag of butter microwave popcorn. Both are good, just depends on your preference.)
-1 bag white chocolate chips, or equivalent amount white baking chocolate
-candy canes or peppermint candies, chopped (to taste)

Place popcorn in large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave, making sure to stir every 30 seconds. Chocolate will hold its shape even when completely soft, so check often to avoid burning. Stir in peppermint, and pour over popcorn. Mix well, then lay out on a cookie sheet or baking dish. Let cool.

No comments: