Sunday, June 1, 2008

Salsa and Black Bean Pasta

This originally was a Salsa and Black Bean Stuffed Shells recipe, which I still make occasionally, and which we really like. I came up with this version when I was in a hurry (that happens to me all the time!), and I didn't have time stuff each shell. My family prefers it this way, and it is easier for younger children to eat. It is SUPER easy, and totally delicious!

SALSA AND BLACK BEAN PASTA

1 pint fresh salsa or pico de gallo
1 can black beans
1 lb. hamburger
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 c. mozzarella cheese

Cook 1 lb. pasta (I use farfalle or penne) according to box directions. While it's cooking, brown the hamburger in a large skillet with the garlic until cooked through. Add the salsa and black beans, heat through. Toss the hamburger mixture with the pasta in a large baking dish, then sprinkle generously with cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.

No comments: