Tuesday, September 21, 2010

{cheesy chicken soup}

One of our favorites!

CHEESY CHICKEN SOUP

1 c. carrots, thinly sliced
1/4 c. green onions, sliced
3 T. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk (at least 2%, or half and half)
1-10.75 oz. can chicken broth
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper

In a large pot, cook the carrots and onions in butter for 8-10 minutes, or until tender, not browned. Stir in flour. Slowly add milk, broth, W sauce, and pepper. Stir constantly until thickened, and until barely bubbling. Add chicken and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Serve warm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy, will try it soon. Thanks.

Kristine Robinson said...

I love your blog and so do my kids. They are so happy to have new meals that are delicious. Thanks and keep on posting! I have tried just about everything!

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that I cooked it last night and my wife and I fell madly in love with this dish. Instead of a couple of chicken breast which are usually pricy, I found a whole chicken on sale and cooked it in my pressure cooker and used all the meat and I think it made it even more flavorful. The whole chicken was half the price of the breasts. Thanks for giving us the recipe.
Odie