Tuesday, March 18, 2008

15 Minute Chicken Chili

Can I tell you how much I love recipes that I can make in under 30 minutes? From start to finish, this chili takes even less than that! I don't remember where I found this recipe, but I'm sure glad I did! This is yummy to serve in bowls with cornbread, inside a bread bowl, or even over baked potatoes. It's perfect for that chilly fall or winter day!

15 MINUTE CHICKEN CHILI

1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2-2 T. chili powder
1 1/2-2 T. cumin
2-14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1-15 oz. can diced green chilies
yellow whole kernel corn, frozen or canned
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium saucepan, saute chicken in oil over medium high heat for 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in chili powder and cumin to coat chicken. Saute 3-4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, then heat through. Serves 4.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetpea,
I love anything spicy and this one looks awesome, especially since it is only 15 minutes. Was looking at your list and I really like Paula Deen and even drove from NC to Savannah to eat in her restaurant. I also follow Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman blog. I am glad to have found yours and will be checking back. Thanks
http://odielangley.blogspot.com
odie@qualityofficeequipmentinc.com