Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{disappearing brownies}

My cute piano students gave me this recipe, after they tempted me during our last lesson by telling me all about them. They didn't disappoint--they are SO yummy! It's not your traditional brownie, using butterscotch instead of cocoa to flavor them, but it still has chocolate chips in them for all the chocolate lovers! I'm sorry I don't have a picture...they disappeared before I could. :)

One other note---I doubled the recipe, and used a 9x13 pan. I didn't alter the cook time.

Disappearing Brownies


1/2 c.butterscotch chips
1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. miniature marshmallows
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave butterscotch chips and butter on high for 30-45 seconds or until smooth when stirred. Stir in brown sugar; cool slightly. Add flour, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt; mix well. Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips, and nuts. Spread batter into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until center is almost set.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just sent it to a lot of my friends, thanks for sharing & have a great rest of the week.
Odie