Friday, May 22, 2009

{broccoli and ham ring}

My friend Julie told me about this recipe, and when I heard how much her family loved it, and how quick and easy it was, I knew I had to try it. She found the recipe at www.ordinarycuisine.blogspot.com. I made a couple of changes to it, and it was a definite hit with our family as well.

BROCCOLI HAM RING

1 cup chopped ham
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard ( I used 1 T. Dijon, and 1 T. honey mustard)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together, except rolls. Set aside mixture. Unroll crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 4 triangles with the wide end corners touching to make a square. Fill the gaps with 4 more triangles (wide ends towards the middle). Now there are 8 gaps so fill them with the remaining 8 triangles. There will be lots of overlapping. Scoop the ham mixture evenly in a circle around the wide ends of the triangles. Bring the outside points over the mixture and tuck under the wide ends. Some of the mixture may still show through. After doing this, I molded mine into a circle by squishing a little here and there. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.

*I decided to try filling the crescent rolls individually, instead of making a ring. I placed two crescent rolls together, forming a square, filled it, then sealed the edges.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I made this two nights ago and my whole family loved it, which is a rare feat!