Tuesday, June 1, 2010

{penne arribiata}

I'm so excited to share this recipe with you! It came from my good friend, smartmama. It's one of my personal favorites, and my family loves it too. I love it for so many reasons--it's yummy, only has a few ingredients, and doesn't take long to prepare or cook.

PENNE ARRIBIATA

1 T. olive oil
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (increase or decrease for more/less spiciness)
1-28 oz. can petite dice tomatoes
1 package penne (16 oz.)

Saute onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in the olive oil. When onions are clear/soft, add the tomatoes, and simmer for 20 minutes. In the meantime, cook penne according to package directions, then drain. Mix with the sauce, and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I'm trying this tonight!