Monday, February 8, 2010

{chewy chocolate cookies}


I'm not usually a fan of cake mix cookies, but after my kids begged me this afternoon, I made this recipe off of the Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe box. It's a little different than others I've seen, and talk about YUMMY!!! These are so fast and easy, it's a triple bonus!!

CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES

1 package Duncan Hines (my cake mix preference) Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix
2 large eggs
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cake mix, eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large bowl. Stir with spoon until thoroughly blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes for chewy cookies (cookies will still be puffed) or 14 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to cooling racks. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.

4 comments:

BANYUWANGI EAST JAVA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristine Robinson said...

this is now my new favorite cookie recipe. I have added coursely chopped white bakers chocolate.

Company EIGHT said...

That sounds yummy, Kristine!