Wednesday, June 11, 2008

{the BEST peanut butter cookies}

Rick was in the mood for peanut butter cookies, and last night I decided to try a new recipe from a friend, since I didn't love any of the ones I had. I made a few changes to it, and it is our new favorite! If you like soft and chewy cookies, peanut butter and chocolate, this is the cookie for you. Enjoy!

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES



1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
*2 c. flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. chocolate chips (I use the large Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips)

Preheat the oven to 325. Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars; beat in eggs. Stir together *flour (I didn't sift mine, just used a spoon to place it in the measuring cup. I ended up adding another 1/2 c. after it was all mixed, because it was still too "wet") and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into balls, then roll them in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Use 2 fingers to press them down slightly. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly before removing from pan to cooking rack.

No comments: