Monday, June 1, 2009

{italian cream cheese chicken}

This is an oldie, but a goodie! I re-discovered this recipe a few months ago, and it is one meal that all three of my kids gobble up. Believe me, that is highly unusual. :) It is easy and delicious!

ITALIAN CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN

4 chicken breasts
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 packet Italian seasoning
1 can water
8 oz. cream cheese

Combine the soup, water, and seasoning and whisk together and thoroughly blended. Place chicken in crock pot, and pour soup mixture over the top. Cook for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. About 30 minutes before it's finished, add the cream cheese and mix well. Serve over rice or pasta.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I use this same recipe but call it "Popeye Chicken" because I add a package of frozen spinach (or fresh) as well. We love it also. But I don't mix all the stuff together first, I just dump it all in, and it mooshes together as it cooks, then I stir it up before serving.

Jewels said...

Love this recipe- I have it from Jennifer Toon and we love it with broccoli added