Wednesday, July 23, 2008

{crockpot chicken cacciatore}

I can't say enough good things about my crockpot. :) I use it a lot in the winter, but it's also wonderful in the summer--when you're busy, outside all day, and just want to come in and eat without much fuss. This is a great recipe for that reason, and it's just really good!

CROCKPOT CHICKEN CACCIATORE

2-3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 jar Prego sauce (or equal amounts homemade sauce--the Italian Tomato sauce I posted would be delicious with this recipe)
green pepper, julienned
red pepper, julienned
onion, chopped
minced garlic, to taste

Place chicken in crockpot, then pour sauce over the top. Add vegetables and garlic. Cook on high until chicken is tender. I like to cut the chicken into pieces to serve--easier for little mouths! Serve over pasta, with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

No comments: