Wednesday, July 23, 2008

{no-bake cookies}

This is hands-down the best no-bake cookie recipe I have ever tried. A friend gave this to me several years ago when we were at the University of Utah, and I haven't found a better one yet! It's the perfect mix of chocolate and peanut butter, and just plain delicious. They don't sit around too long at our house!!

NO-BAKE COOKIES

2 c. sugar
2 T. butter
2 T. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
*3 1/2 c. oats

Bring the first four ingredients to a rolling boil, then remove from heat. Add peanut butter and mix well, then add the salt and vanilla. Add oats last. *I actually don't measure the oats. I like my cookies to be a certain consistency--not too dense, and not too runny. I add them a little at a time, until it's to the point I like them to be. Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray, then let them cool to room temperature. Enjoy!

No comments: